Like most voluntary organisations Cardiff Cycle City is run by a small group of people who organise our meetings, run campaigns, give us a presence on social media, look after our funds and a whole range of other things. These people are our Committee and they come from, and are elected by, you, our supporters. After a long gap because of Covid we are now looking to elect a new committee. That election will take place at our Annual Meeting (AGM) on Thursday, August 25th at 6.00pm in Pedal Power, Sophia Gardens, Pontcanna, Cardiff CF11 9LB. This is your invite to attend and take part.
With the growing remit for C=CC and the opportunities being part of the Committee and directly involved in the process of change to making Cardiff the Best Cycling City in the UK offers, the Committee are keen to attract people who feel they could be helpful in making things happen.
There are ten places on the Committee including the specific roles of Chair, Secretary and Treasurer, with a further two places being available during the year for co-option at the discretion of the Committee. We recognise that not all Committee members can contribute or offer involvement all of the time, but it is expected that committee members will attend or send apologies for meetings, respond to papers and initiatives and help or be supportive where they can.
- Members may nominate themselves for the Committee by notifying the Secretary up to seven days before the AGM by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations to be received BEFORE Thursday August 18th.
- Nominees will need to to make a short (max 200 words) personal statement including whether you have any specific skills or areas of interest to offer, and a commitment to what your involvement on the committee could be and also whether you are interested in taking any of the specific roles of Chair, Secretary or Treasurer.
- Nominees will be expected to attend the AGM and be prepared to read out their personal statement.
- Voting: If more than 10 nominations are received voting will be by a secret ballot. Should it be necessary to count votes a volunteer from the meeting will be requested.
Agenda for the Fourth Annual Meeting of Cardiff Cycle City, to be held on Thursday, August 25th at 6.00pm in Pedal Power:
- Committee report of work of C=CC over the previous year Dec 2019 to July 2022
- Presentation of Accounts (Dec 2019 to Dec 2022)
- Minutes/Notes from last AGM and any matters arising
- Resolutions: discussion of any proposals given to the Secretary at least 7 days in advance of the meeting.
- Election of Committee Members
- Election of Chair, Secretary, Treasurer
- Annual Membership Fee: Committee proposal of no membership fee for 2022
- Any other business
Following the formal Annual Meeting there will be a presentation and discussion on the idea of a Cardiff Kidical Mass, aimed at helping to normalise children cycling in our city.
The Kidical Mass is a worldwide movement. In colourful bicycle demonstrations, cyclists from 0 to 99 years old conquer the streets. The format focuses on children and sustainable mobility and advocates for liveable cities.
The Kidical Mass has the vision that all children and young people can move safely and independently by bicycle.
Following the formal AGM Hamish Belding will share a short presentation and facilitate discussion with view to organising and promoting a series of Kidical Mass events in Cardiff.